PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE FORM
1.1 This form must be completed by all students applying at Greater Kruger Hotel School.
1.2 It is in your own interest to ensure that this form is completed in full and that certified copies of all supporting documents are enclosed. Please write in black ink and use block letters.Any documents sent electronically must be replaced by the original documents before the student can be registered.
2. Entrance Requirements
2.1 Please note that the minimum entrance requirements for first year students is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40 - 49%) or better in four subjects chosen from the 20-credit NSC subjects of which English Home Language or English First Additional Language must be one.
2.2 All candidates who comply with the minimum requirements are still subject to selection procedures.
- Students following the Cambridge system should take note of the following requirements:
- Passes of at least five different subjects of the IGCSE and HIGCSE study levels, of which at least two are HIGCSE level subjects
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the Institute for Hospitality Training (English)
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C ; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3
- Other senior school qualifications will be reviewed on merit. In some instances, where the format of secondary school education is unfamiliar, students applying at IHT Hotel School may also be asked to apply for SAQA evaluation prior to their acceptance.
Website address: saqa.org.za
2.5 Students from Commonwealth Countries do not require SAQA verification for applications towards the Diploma Programmes.
3. Documents to submit along with your application
3.1 A certified copy of your Identity Document / Passport.
3.2 A certified copy of your National Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification.
If you are still in Grade 12, your final Grade 11 marks together with your most recent Grade 12 marks must be submitted.
3.3 If you’ve attended any other tertiary institution, certified copies of your Academic Record must also be submitted.
- A certified copy of Identity Document/ Passport of the person responsible for your fees.
- A reference letter.
- Proof of payment of the R300 application fee. Payments can be made to:
The Hospitality & Business Management School
First National Bank
Branch code: 250 655
Account number 624 883 868 40
4. International Students (non-South African citizens)
4.1 Certified copies of the following documents must accompany this form:
- Your passport.
- A valid study permit before you will be permitted to register.