Here’s a little recipe so you can whip up your own sugar cookies at home.
Enjoy with a cup of tea and good friends 💜
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 190ºC. Mix together your flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract, then gradually mix in the dry ingredients.
- Roll the dough into balls – a teaspoon should help you scoop out just enough to make a perfectly-sized ball.
- Place these on a lined baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool on a wire rack for two minutes before devouring! 🤤
These are also great topped with a bit of royal icing 😍