For those of you who love to bake, we have a delicious Christmas cookie recipe (which is perfect for any time of the year, really)!
1 cup softened butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla extract.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water and add to the mixture along with the salt.
- Mix in the flour and chocolate chips, then dollop onto ungreased pans in large spoonfuls.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes at 175ºC.