From our kitchen to yours, enjoy this unique Beetroot & Chocolate Cake recipe. You can bake this with locally-sourced ingredients! 🍰🍫
BEETROOT & CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 large beetroot, peeled
1 pinch of salt
100g cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
250g castor sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
100g dark chocolate, chopped
200ml cooking oil
- Process the beetroot together with the salt in a food processor.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, castor sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Slowly stream in the oil while the mixture is processed until everything is incorporated.
- Finally fold in the chocolate and bake in a preheated oven at 180º until the cake is cooked through, but still leaves moist crumbs on a cake tester.
- Allow to cool before serving.